Join the summer ShapeUP RI and work together with other Rhode Islanders to get healthy!
Here is a link to their latest get fit mechanism, the Fruit and Veggie Tracker! Using the tracker you can input your age and weight to determine how many servings of fruits and veg you need to stay strong and live long. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) said that my fruit to veg ratio a day should be two servings of fruit and three servings of vegetables. That is based on three questions they asked: age, gender and amount of physical activity.
The thing about getting healthy is that it is not just for the season, it is a way a life. In order to promote and facilitate a healthier lifestyle the CDC page includes recipes! Some of them are really easy too.
ShapeUP RI is not the only way to find out about recipes, fruits and vegetables. Farm Fresh Rhode Island manages 8 farmers markets in the Providence area, bringing you fresh fruits and vegetables 5 days a week in various locations. Here is a list:
1. Pawtucket-Slater Mill: opens Sunday July 11, 2010
2. Providence-Armory Park: OPEN NOW! THURSDAYS!
3. Providence-Broad Street: opens Saturday July 10, 2010
4. Providence-Brown University: opens Wednesday Sept. 8, 2010
5. Providence-Downtown: OPEN NOW! FRIDAYS!
6. Providence-Hope Street: OPEN NOW! SATURDAYS!